MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [iframe]www[/iframe] in post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everybody,
do we have any code to show a webpage within a post ? like here

And one more question: in my forum all 'apostrophes' are converted to 'question mark' automatically while posting. What could be the reason ? I have english language pack installed.
Thanx in advance
In MyBB 1.2 you can create custom MyCode to do that. I have already designed it on my test board:

http://beta.drpoodle.com/showthread.php?tid=24
Well I have mybb 1 PR2. And I do not see any option like create custom mycode. Moreover I have no Idea of code. Can anybody please help ?
Well first off I suggest you Upgrade to MyBB 1.1.6 IMMEDIATELY. Seriously, MyBB PR2 has a load of security holes in it, and your board is prone to being hacked.

Secondly, only MyBB 1.2, which isn't publically available to yet has Custom MyCode, but it should be available in a few months.
I am agreeing with poodle, Upgrade to MyBB 1.1.6 NOW. My website, HaloJungle.com, got hacked because I made the mistake of not updating it. Poodle knows what I'm talking about. Luckly I did a backup like an hour before it got hacked
Ragb, you must trust your users a lot to allow iframes. That would be the perfect tool to launch a hack. If I were you, I would have a list of clean sites and only sites from that list could be addressed within an iframe - all others would need a mod to approve it.
thanks a lot dudes for alerting. You guys are cool. I am upgrading it to 1.1.6
Ragb Wrote:thanks a lot dudes for alerting. You guys are cool. I am upgrading it to 1.1.6
Glad to hear you are upgrading.

I suggest you signup for the MyBB Mail-list which will send you an email with update info. That should keep you up to date with the latest version.

You can find the signup form on the homepage (http://www.mybboard.net)

Before you do upgrade to MyBB 1.1.6 you should backup both the database and the forum files, just in case something goes wrong Toungue

If you are unsure about backing up, look in the "User Submitted Tutorials" section.
Ragb Wrote:Can I install german language pack only for posts ?? Letting all other things in english ??
That won't work as the german pack uses the same encoding as the english one. Do you have a link to your board?
Pages: 1 2