MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL Error message
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Upon changing the username of one of my members i got this message

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'fid5' in 'field list'
Query:
UPDATE mybb_userfields SET `fid4`='Tom Knudsen', `fid3`='Male', `fid1`='Ulsteinvik, Møre og Romsdal', `fid2`='Administrator - SimNor.no\r\nKontakt meg om du trenger hjelp\r\[email protected]\r\n\r\n', `fid5`='' WHERE ufid='1'

It seems the change was modified in the SQL table, so therefore the above message was strange to me..

Can someone explain to me what to do, what not to do or how to fix this issue so that the message is no longer valid..

Anybody please?

Check whether you have fid5 field or not in your userfields table.
I don't have any fid5 fields in my userfields table
Only 1-4

Am I mistaking if I believe that the solution is to insert a new field/row in the userfields table that again would be called
fid5? Seems the SQL error asks for this field, when it then is not able to find it it reverts to fid4 or something like that.

You need to create the fid5. You can use your phpmyadmin.
ok, thanks, just insert new row then?

What about the option

" Restart insertion with 2 rows" where the option is 1-2-5-10-20-30-40

PS.. Should it be NULL og not
Not inserting a new row. You need to create the field. Maybe you need to go to the Structure tabs, or, run the add field query manually.
mmm must admit I am not all that up to date on my SQL, have had this only one semester at college, so most is allready forgotten except HTML and CSS go figure..

Are you able to provide any code for me please? Or if there is a way to remedy it by another process..

NB

Found how to add row, but not sure about the field name? Is this fid5?

You can go to the Structure tabs. At the bottom of the page, you'll find the create fields feature.
Solved!

Thanks a bunch RateU, you saved my day Smile