MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error when deactivating plugins.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright, thanks, the plugins are not mine, just to note it Smile
(2011-10-16, 04:09 PM)Sama34 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I managed to deactivate the plugin, but can you explain why this happens?

I mean, deactivating the same plugins in a forum worked, but not for this one.

It happens because it's a runtime error, so the error won't get thrown until the code actually runs. And the code only runs when you deactivate (or uninstall) that plugin.

Writing that bug in your own code is a beginner's mistake. Writing it in a plugin for someone else's code means that you don't know their code as well as they do. (And I suspect that very few people outside the coding group know the core code for MyBB as well as the coding group.)

Still no excuse, though. You'd think the plugin developer would deactivate the plugin at least once, just to make sure it actually deactivates. Doing that would have triggered the error, telling him or her to fix the code. (That's the only reason I know why it happens, I wrote the same thing. And fixed it early in the process.)
Maybe the developer din't expect two forums in the same server/host to run the same plugin?
That shouldn't make any difference. It's too late at night for me to install another copy of MyBB on a test server, but if it's done right, I can't see how the code would interact.
Well, it is weird that the plugins only fails at one forum.

Also, maybe the problem is that the forum where plugins fails was installed in another non-english lenguaje.

Maybe that is not a serious problem at all, but I had had many problems because of this.
Pages: 1 2