MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Security Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Why would my inc/config.php automatically set its permissions from 777 to 444 ? Because thats just what it has done.
That's not a security issue. If anything, it's adding security.
Well yes thats true, but it is a security issue as I didnt change the permissions myself. Is why Im wondering if mybb know any reason why the permissions on the file changed by itself, otherwise someone else may have access to my files and is attempting to hack me.
I doubt if someone hacked your forum they would bother changing the permissions of config.php, especially to something lower than it currently is.

If you're really worried then contact your host. It's not something we can help you with.
When MyBB writes to that file, it automatically fixes the permissions to what it should be and what it can be.
(2011-10-16, 09:18 PM)Masayoshi Wrote: [ -> ]When MyBB writes to that file, it automatically fixes the permissions to what it should be and what it can be.

MyBB never touches config.php after installation.
Yes, I am aware of that?
(2011-10-16, 09:41 PM)Masayoshi Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I am aware of that?

If I'm right in saying that OP hasn't _just_ installed a fresh copy of MyBB, then it's not caused by MyBB.
If the OP looked at the permissions of files in their directory before installing MyBB, and then just once after, they would see that it changed.
(2011-10-16, 09:48 PM)Masayoshi Wrote: [ -> ]If the OP looked at the permissions of files in their directory before installing MyBB, and then just once after, they would see that it changed.

You said it your self. It's not related to MyBB.
Pages: 1 2