MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How come I banned from forums i never been on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2011-10-16, 10:52 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]The first thing i do with a webserver is ban russia and india and china.

I remember after tracing an attack on me, it ended at a daycentre in china.

I don't ban India because it's an emerging market but there is a lot of spam from that country. Russia,Brazil and China should be banned immediately if you care about stopping spam, attacks, and ban evaders.
why should persons genuinely interested in your content suffer same fate.
I think there should be a better way of dealing with this.Sad
(2011-10-17, 03:20 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-10-16, 10:52 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]The first thing i do with a webserver is ban russia and india and china.

I don't ban India because it's an emerging market but there is a lot of spam from that country. Russia,Brazil and China should be banned immediately if you care about stopping spam, attacks, and ban evaders.

Hmm. If i was not wrong, India is blocked in MyBB cental, isn't it? I can't visit it for a long time. Sad
MyBBCentral I'm not interested in posting activity. And I've lost sales because of it but the spam the site was getting has gone away. Plus India is a source of warez. But I don't block India for my other sites unless I have a valid reason like at MyBB Central.

India ain't one of the most spammers, RU and CN are. ~.~

Btw, datacenter.

Quote:I don't ban India because it's an emerging market but there is a lot of spam from that country. Russia,Brazil and China should be banned immediately if you care about stopping spam, attacks, and ban evaders.
Who said India ain't banned on central? Am from India, and I get forbidden error and so do all.
(2011-10-17, 04:47 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I don't ban India because it's an emerging market but there is a lot of spam from that country. Russia,Brazil and China should be banned immediately if you care about stopping spam, attacks, and ban evaders.
Who said India ain't banned on central? Am from India, and I get forbidden error and so do all.

He explained it in post above yours. Big Grin
http://community.mybb.com/thread-106011-...#pid773263

Its a valid reason though. Many fellow Indians love to use and spread warez.
The problem is, we do pay for it though we are genuine.
(2011-10-17, 03:20 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]

(2011-10-17, 04:42 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]MyBBCentral I'm not interested in posting activity. And I've lost sales because of it but the spam the site was getting has gone away. Plus India is a source of warez. But I don't block India for my other sites unless I have a valid reason like at MyBB Central.

I wouldn't ban India even if I had scripts on my site. India and China are slowly becoming big major economies. Most of my income comes from there. If they try to re-sell them on or what not there are laws within India for intellectual property. Obviously missing out on alot income Jesse
(2011-10-17, 04:47 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]

India ain't one of the most spammers, RU and CN are. ~.~

Btw, datacenter.

No, i mean a daycentre. IIRC Neotrace pointed it to a daycare.

@Jag for products i somewhat agree. But when you are just having a forum, it's rather unlikely that you will get a large number of quality members at the same time. For example, for every 100-200 signups, maybe 10 of them will be great members (In terms of language, post quality etc) sometimes, it's a better loss.

edit; I'm not implying kids did it, i mean someone had an unsecured or weak network and it was used for it.
I feel like whole asia gets banned actually.
During my holiday in Tokyo I couldn't access a lot of sites I usually visited, luckily facebook was still active so I could upload photo's.
Pages: 1 2