MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there a way to display the attachment number beside the actual attachment?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,
I'm new to this and have been very excited at how quickly I was able to get a forum up and running and install some mods. However, I've got a few remaining isssues and here is one of the main ones.

Here is my use case:
A user will be creating posts that involve a number of pictures intertwined with a story.

As far as I can tell, the best way for them to do that is:
- Upload an attachment
- Insert into post
- I will make the thumbnail size quite large

However, a major usabibility problem remains and it seems like it should be easy to fix.

In the message editing box, the code simply shows up as: "[attachment=2]" etc.
In the attachments box, the attachment names show up as: "picture1.jpg" etc.

This makes it very hard to remember which pictures correspond to which attachment codes. It's made worse by the fact that when hitting preview, the user can not see the images.

Is it possible to make a change so that the "[attachment=2]" shows up in the attachments box beside the name of the file (picture1.jpg)

I've attached a mock-up where the proposed additional text is shown in red.

Of course, the ultimate solution would be for the user to be able to embed images directly in the post (one click isntead of two) and to be able to see them while they are editing that post. Is there any forum software that can do that? Perhaps myBB isn't the best choice for my use case.

[attachment=24451]
Quote:Is it possible to make a change so that the "[attachment=2]" shows up
in the attachments box beside the name of the file ...

you can modify post_attachments_attachment template and add [attachment={$attachment['aid']}]

like below :
<td class="trow2" width="75%" style="white-space: nowrap">{$attachment['filename']} <strong>[attachment={$attachment['aid']}]</strong> ({$attachment['size']})</td>

Quote:Perhaps myBB isn't the best choice for my use case.
its your choice ; use an open source forum script OR a commercial forum script ...