MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need Major Help!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello i tried reseting my password and im the creator of the site and i got in and made myself admin again through the database and well now i think someone else is using the admin of the website account and i need to delete it from the site and it says i need to be a super administrator and i know to go to the config.php but how do i add myself to make me super admin again
if you are creator of the site then how someone else is using admin account without your permission ...
The super admins are set in the inc/config.php file. You will need to edit the file to make changes to it. You can either use your host's interface to make changes to your files or use ftp to download the file, edit it and reupload it back.

More about the super admin setting in the config.php file: http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Inc/confi...nistrators
(2011-10-18, 06:40 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]The super admins are set in the inc/config.php file. You will need to edit the file to make changes to it. You can either use your host's interface to make changes to your files or use ftp to download the file, edit it and reupload it back.

More about the super admin setting in the config.php file: http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Inc/confi...nistrators
i know how to edit it but i dont know how to put the code in and i dont know the codeHuh
^ the required code is already present in the config.php file with clear guidance in comment tags
AND above expert had given a link (wiki : super admins) which provides further guidance !!
(2011-10-18, 04:40 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ the required code is already present in the config.php file with clear guidance in comment tags
AND above expert had given a link (wiki : super admins) which provides further guidance !!
i still need help

Line 70 - make sure your uid, and no one else's, in in that list.
(2011-10-18, 09:56 PM)Command Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-10-18, 04:40 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ the required code is already present in the config.php file with clear guidance in comment tags
i still need help

Open your config.php and search for

$config['super_admins']

You should see something like this:

$config['super_admins'] = '1';

Remove the 1 and replace it with your admin account's user id.