MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Questions - I'm New
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Is there any way of delete every single post and thread within a MyBB Forum without manually doing it one by one, also can you delete every single user registered on your forum?

Also, if i install MyBB 1.4 at the moment due to my PHP not being up to date, can i update my MyBB forum to the newest update once i get my PHP updated on my web server? If so, does the update take long? Will any data be lost within the update?

Cheers, i hope you take your time to help Smile
To clear the posts I assume you can just empty the tables in phpmyadmin hopefully someone else can elaborate on that.

To convert to the latest MyBB replace your files with a fresh new 1.6 download and thn run /install/upgrade.php

http://www.mybb.com/downloads/merge-system
Thanks for the help Jason, i Appreciate it.

If anyone else has any other ideals about Deleting Posts/Threads/Users, give me a shout.

Cheers
Deleting the threads would require an SQL query from within PHPMyAdmin, or another SQL management interface.

I'm well versed in SQL, but not specifically in Mybb's table structure. I'll let somebody else write these out Wink

However, I do know you will need to delete both the threads, and the posts within them. Yu will then need to recount threads Smile
Welcome to the MyBB Forums, Hope you enjoy your stay with us!
To delete all posts:

DELETE FROM mybb_posts

To delete all threads:

DELETE FROM mybb_threads

To delete all users but the first one:

DELETE FROM mybb_users WHERE uid!='1'
(2011-10-18, 10:24 PM)MH-Pro700 Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the MyBB Forums, Hope you enjoy your stay with us!

Uh, what the hell?
(2011-10-18, 10:50 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-10-18, 10:24 PM)MH-Pro700 Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the MyBB Forums, Hope you enjoy your stay with us!

Uh, what the hell?

I think that was postCount++. Numbers matter to some.
in your acp you can also go to >users and groups select all users...go down to the bottom and where it says activate users...click that and scroll down to delete all users threads/posts...that'll clear it all...
(2011-10-18, 10:44 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]To delete all posts:

DELETE FROM mybb_posts

To delete all threads:

DELETE FROM mybb_threads

To delete all users but the first one:

DELETE FROM mybb_users WHERE uid!='1'

Ah, I re-read the op and noticed he meant EVERY thread post and user Toungue I thought he meant to empty a single subforum XD