MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Putting MyBB forum in an include() statement.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I read the Qualifications for General Support thread. This didn't really qualify, but neither did any of the others. It's not really a Code Modification. It's none of the others.
If this is in the wrong forum, please let me know. I didn't recognize which one to put it in.

My question is more PHP-based than MyBB-based, but it's for MyBB, and I'm not smart enough in PHP code to go to a PHP support site for help (they have all those technical terms).

Now, to get to the question:
Is there a way that you could put your MyBB forum into another page (e.g. a portal or page with separate template NOT included in your MyBB templates in the Admin CP) with a <?php include(); ?> statement?
E.g.
<?php include("mybb/index.php"); ?>
Obviously this much is possible, but my problem is that whenever a person clicks a link in the forum, it will exit the portal/page it is included in. I want it iframe-style, only without the scrollbars and stuff like an iframe, and where the rest of the page updates.

If all else fails, I will try to use the MyBB ACP templates, but I find them hard to use because I don't know how to insert actual PHP code into the templates.
You cannot add PHP code directly to the templates, only variables.

See: http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=10019
Oh, OK. Thanks.