MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpbb2.0x > MyBB on different webhosts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have MyBB installed and ready to go. I also have the convertor for it too. My problem is that my phpbb forum is hosted by a private host to which I do not have access to phpmyadmin. In my new host which I plan on having myBB, I have all that ready to go, and I have access to phpMyadmin.

How do I go about transferring all my phpbb posts/users/etc... to MyBB on a different host? Do I ask her to backup my database and send it to me?
You could try that or you could install a tool like MySQLDumper to create a dump. Another solution is to install the Database Archiving Module. If you prefer that way you have to install the eMods Core first.
Michael83 Wrote:Another solution is to install the Database Archiving Module. If you prefer that way you have to install the eMods Core first.

I believe that would only work if you were running MyBB to start with. phpBB has its own database backup utility (if my memory serves me correctly) and you should be able to use that to backup your phpBB forum. Then you should be able to use that backup for the conversion...
that's right, phpbb has its own db backup utility, it's in the admin cp, almost at the bottom of the left menu

you can backup your db, then -using phpmyadmin- restore that backup in your new server and then you should be able to use your convertor without any problem