MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: run mybb off same db as main site?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone, was wondering if i could set a mybb forum, but run it off my main site database?

What i would like is the ability for users to have one account for the whole site (main + forum) not 2 accounts, (1 forum + 1 main)

Cheers!
Ash
Cheers, but will this allow them to sign up to the site, and use the member features on the main site, AND use the forum. I have a site where users register, then join ladders for gaming, and would like to integrate the forum into that. I though all you would need to do would be set the usernames and passwords in the forum database to be fecthed from the ones in the main database..
AFAICS, you'll need a MyBB plugin that, when the login fails, checks the other database for the login/password pair and then, at your discretion, adds an account to MyBB if it isn't already there. I don't know of one that already exists (although my LDAP plugin does that for people who are already good in the LDAP server), but it's not difficult to write. Maybe Yaldaram wants to write it? Smile
okay then, can i not just set the database in the config to the main one, and change the name of the fileds to get the username and password from?