MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Best content managment software?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,

I have cPanel and fantastico, and saw this:

Content Management
Drupal
Geeklog
Joomla
Mambo Open Source
PHP-Nuke
phpWCMS
phpWebSite
Post-Nuke
Siteframe
TYPO3
Xoops

I'v been looking at them, ad would like to know which one is the best. I would like one that is like the look that I have right now on my site, and is easy to mod the theme.

Thanks. Smile
The_nVIDiA_Guy Wrote:Hi all,

I have cPanel and fantastico, and saw this:

Content Management
Drupal
Geeklog
Joomla
Mambo Open Source
PHP-Nuke
phpWCMS
phpWebSite
Post-Nuke
Siteframe
TYPO3
Xoops

I'v been looking at them, ad would like to know which one is the best. I would like one that is like the look that I have right now on my site, and is easy to mod the theme.

Thanks. Smile
What kind of features do you hope to have? User registrations, shoutboxes, etc.....
Umm, I would like it to be easy to add articles to the site, be able to add a icon next to the new news, have polls, and have the same layout that I have right now.

I'v tested TYPO3, and it is too complicated. Sad
LOL. They all do that. There really isnt a "the best one" you need to go into fantastico and go to the developers website and compare features in all of them then make a conclusion based on what your looking for.
opensourcecms.com has demos (including admin areas) of those systems and others.
Typo3 is in my opinion by far the most flexible....but also the most complex. You need a degree in nuclear physics to run that one! Smile
Personally I didn't choose that because of the added clauses to it's license. The author at least used to ask people who use the system to only use in on sites that are of christian values (or something to that effect), however I can't find that reference any more so maybe Kasper has removed it. In which case I will look into it again. I just had a bit of a 'free speech' -dilemma with that request up til now.

cheers,
Kimmo
Well, it seems like I will stay with drupal for now. Big Grin http://coolestech.com/beta

The_nVIDiA_Guy Wrote:Well, it seems like I will stay with drupal for now. Big Grin http://coolestech.com/beta

for gods sake change the favicon!!!! Smile

~silverwing - has seen too many druplicons in his days...
I myself choose joomla over drupal...mainly because drupal is a pain to get setup in a hurry.
I use MyBB as my CMS. Big Grin

Again, I can't stress enough the flexibility of the Portal.

I use it as my Content Management, which utilizes MyBB's internal functions and templates, and soon I will use it as my blog, which will also use internal MyBB functions.

It's cool, cuz it's complete integration with MyBB without even having to modify anything more then the actual portal file. Big Grin

Soon I will post instructions on how to do this. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2