MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: integrate calendar with forum post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I'm new to myBB and have been using it on a new test site, so far, really enjoying it!

I am wondering if there is a way to integrate the calendar with the forums, through a plugin or editing the code directly.

When adding a post to the forum, I'd like to be able to flag it as an event, or perhaps add an associated event at the same time (much like adding a related poll). It could be as simple as clicking on a check box, and then choosing a date -- the event title and details could be pulled from the forum message itself. This event would then be automatically added to the site-wide calendar.

Any ideas on how this could be accomplished?

thanks,
Brad

* I should mention that I took a look at the Event Thread plugin (http://mods.mybb.com/view/event-thread), which allows you to automatically post events to one specific forum. However, I was hoping to not be restricted to only posting events to a single forum, and am hoping to find a way to attach related events to any post in any forum.