MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [SOLVED] Need urgent help. Web host transfer result in weird symbols
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im transferring web hosts and when I move my database the website becomes all symbols. How can I fix this? I need urgent help. I heard that htis has to do with encoding mismatch but I don't see any option in mybb admin panel to convert the db backup to utf8 which I think it already is. Please help. I'm transferring from Fatcow which did not have cpanel to a cpanel host.

Thanks,

Update just tried BigDump but still error symbols. Here's what this looks like

[Image: E6mUntitledaIh.png]
I just got an idea of using the merge tool but when I try to run the Usergroups Module, it goes to blank page. Please help.
I believe MyBB automatically uses UTF-8 since you can convert it to UTF-8 in the "Tools & Maintenance" area of your forum. You should try doing that if you believe that it's in UTF-8 before hand, and then get a database backup and try it. If it doesn't work then I believe the problem doesn't have to do with UTF-8, but another type of encoding mis-match.
I tried the converting... Do you think doing a fresh install of Mybb and only importing the user group, posts, etc those db over will help?
Ok. So if I do a fresh install of MyBB and import the database, all works fine. But after a while (OR I think whenever I touch the plugins section in the admin), the symbols pop up again and no matter what i do they don't go away. Is it something to do with hosting? I thought I had the source of the error down to one plugin but in my 2nd try, even when I didn't even upload plugin, these symbols popped out. My host is http://ipxcore.com Can somebody check if they meet the requirements, etc. They've been very good with their support so far it's just that this error keeps popping out.. Sad
Please anyone help? Is it because during installation, it said my host didn't have any translation Extensions installed? I just let the support know that Supported Translation Extensions: Multi-Byte, iconv but I don't know if that's going to fix it.
Umm thanks for the help guys but problem fixed! Big Grin
View this thread for details: http://community.mybb.com/thread-106242.html
DOn't be bump 3 times thank!