MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remove quick reply in closed threads for mods and admins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to remove the quick reply box for mods and admins in a closed thread?

I have issues with some mods still posting in closed threads because the fact the thread is closed is not clear. I would prefer to force mods and admins to either re-open a thread to reply in it, or have some other way or alert that the thread is closed.

Is this currently possible?
Open showthread.php and find around line 1069:

if($forumpermissions['canpostreplys'] != 0 && $mybb->user['suspendposting'] != 1 && ($thread['closed'] != 1 || is_moderator($fid)) && $mybb->settings['quickreply'] != 0 && $mybb->user['showquickreply'] != '0' && $forum['open'] != 0)

Replace it with:

if($forumpermissions['canpostreplys'] != 0 && $mybb->user['suspendposting'] != 1 && $thread['closed'] != 1 && $mybb->settings['quickreply'] != 0 && $mybb->user['showquickreply'] != '0' && $forum['open'] != 0)
(2011-10-20, 01:41 AM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]Open showthread.php and find around line 1069:

if($forumpermissions['canpostreplys'] != 0 && $mybb->user['suspendposting'] != 1 && ($thread['closed'] != 1 || is_moderator($fid)) && $mybb->settings['quickreply'] != 0 && $mybb->user['showquickreply'] != '0' && $forum['open'] != 0)

Replace it with:

if($forumpermissions['canpostreplys'] != 0 && $mybb->user['suspendposting'] != 1 && $thread['closed'] != 1 && $mybb->settings['quickreply'] != 0 && $mybb->user['showquickreply'] != '0' && $forum['open'] != 0)

Paul, i am having same problem with my forum site. I am using current version, installed 2 days ago. I have tested my forum with some sample posting but i have identified that even after closing the thread, it is still allowing people to post on thread. I have found following code in showthread.php file.

$quickreply = '';
	if($forumpermissions['canpostreplys'] != 0 && $mybb->user['suspendposting'] != 1 && ($thread['closed'] != 1 || is_moderator($fid, "canpostclosedthreads")) && $mybb->settings['quickreply'] != 0 && $mybb->user['showquickreply'] != '0' && $forum['open'] != 0 && ($thread['uid'] == $mybb->user['uid'] || $forumpermissions['canonlyreplyownthreads'] != 1))

Can you help me to solve this issue?