MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mail notification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys,

Was wondering how do I get notified about a new post someone posted in my particular thread. Is there a way?

Thanks

Btw Great job!!!
Keep it up!
subscribe to the thread
Hey Kimmo,

Thanks for that. But for some reasons I dont get any mails. I was wondering if there was something wrong. The forum doesnt post me any mails. I made sure its the right email and all but I get no replies. How do I fix this?
is the forum otherwise capable of sending mails? like registration-mails, forgot password -mails?

and you did check the SPAM/JUNK folders as well? there are even hosts that deny messages that are even remotely like machine-generated from ever reaching the recipient...
so if you are sure that the system is capable of sending emails...and it is not getting to you (even in the SPAM-JUNK folders)...then I would contact your host (for the mailaccount) and see if their filters is stopping the mails.
The weird thing about it is that it doesnt even send out Registration and lost password mails. It used to but once I upgraded my Forum to the newer versions it stopped. I checked my Junk mails and filters. Its all fine. And I do recall receiving notification mails and lost password mails in the older version. Could I have disabled somethings? Or misplaced a crucial file?
Can you see if the mail() testing script on this page works: [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
are u ruiing your fourm on a windows sever
Hi Dennis TT,
Thanks for your time. I did as the help guided and got the Mail was sent by PHP. However I still dont receive any mails from the server be it a notification, lost password...etc. Is there something wrong with my script? And even when it said Mail was sent I checked the email I pointed to in the mailtest script, I havent gotten any mail from the server. I have a big feeling I mess up the scripts last time while updating or something. Solutions?

Hi Tazfan,
I am using a Fedora Linux Core 4. Smile
Hi guys,

What should I do now? I am in a dillema. Thanks!
Hi,

The next best thing to do is check your servers mail logs (which as you run it yourself, you would have access to). They're generally located in /var/log and depending on the MTA (mail transport agent) you are running (Sendmail, Postfix, Qmail etc) they're named differently. Most likely, "mail", "mail.info", "mail.log" or "mail.err".

Search in them for emails addressed to you:

cat /var/log/FILENAME | grep "[email protected]".

You can then see if the email is then being sent successfully via your server or it is not.

You can also try replacing the mymail() function in inc/functions.php with our new one from MyBB 1.2 located at http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...5#pid65555
Pages: 1 2