MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: VB3.8 => Mybb now require mass password reset
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have done a merge form my VB 3.8 board to mybb 1.6. However the login convert doesn't appear to work. Is there anyway I can mass reset members passwords and email them?

Allot of people are getting to confused with them needing to recover there password...
Moved to merge support.

There is already a thread on this, but I'm not getting the information I need:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-105951.html

Mostly because the guy got himself banned in about an hour flat. Fill in what I requested from him and I'll gladly help out.
Yes the plugin is active, the passwordconvert and passwordconverttype have been populated, however passwordconvertsalt is not and has the default value of null.

[Image: vhyCw.png]
I have found the issue. Vbulletin 'salt' column is up to 30 chars in length(char(30)), where as mybb is 10(varchar(10)).
(2011-10-21, 04:15 PM)pixelthis Wrote: [ -> ]I have found the issue. Vbulletin 'salt' column is up to 30 chars in length(char(30)), where as mybb is 10(varchar(10)).

Except that the salt should be being put into the passwordconvertsalt, not into the normal salt. Apparently I missed one Smile
Thanks.

For reference: [Issue #1757]