MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A very sad day for Adminstop.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Saturday the first of July AdminStop was hacked, hackers disabled the index page, banned the admins and redirected the site to this site.

we have IP numbers but nothing more, it was a very sad day for AdminStop not just because it was hacked but because of the events taken place today, the hacking was the cherry on the cake that finished the job.

As many know i changed the topic of AdminStop to a mybb resource site, which i admit was a huge mistake, i changed the topic as there was no activity on the site for months, but as i watched the domain name www.adminstop.net die in vein I spoke to many members of the mybb community and freinds of the site saying what a shame it is for the creator of the famouse Admin Stop Theme to collaps, many respected the site for the theme and left the site alone for reasons unknown.

Later today i decided to re-open the site, but as my bad luck once again kicks in, the site gets hacked and i cannot continue to put the site back to the way it was.

After speaking to freinds of Admin Stop ive decided to re-open, upgrade and put up the origional topic of webmaster support.

I hope people can begin to use this new forum for what it provides so these things dont happen again.

Regards
Matt (Willow) Wilson of Admin Stop.
Go Go ... I will join and post ... ! Don't let great domain die willow !
And you have to be patient ... it takes year or two for forum to become active usually !

And this time you have to make final decision what you want from your forum. Will talk to you later about some advertising techniques Big Grin

Why do you do so?

You can recover yourself by using MySQL!

Seek help from MyBB Support and always upgrade your board to the latest version!
Yes, changing the site topic will certainly not help it to gain in popularity. It takes years of stability for a site to become "popular." My own site is now in its 3rd year of operation and has a moderate readership, but still poor forum participation. It takes time and lots and lots of patience.
Ok good news freinds, after struggling to find a backup of the old site before i changed it, we found one deep in the heart of our webhost's hard drive, we installed it and after some trouble upgrading the software we got it up and running finaly, hope you enjoy AdminStop as our team have put a lot of work to get it back up.

www.adminstop.net

Enjoy!

Regards.
I hope you good luck in your site, willow.

Never let hackers bring you down.

And always remeber to upgrade. Smile
Have just registered. Smile
Willow,

my advice is, never give up whatever you do. Instead of changing forum from one to other I'd rather set up 2 forums. Why not. Just don't give up.
I'm glad it worked out for you, Willow. It's truly sad that there are so many people out there that have so much fun destroying what others put so much work into!
Ive just been through the site and added lots of new resources for admins trying to get there site up and running, these tools will help greatly.

Click Here
Pages: 1 2