MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: sql error 1142
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your error "1142" can't be found in the list of SQL errors I consulted.

Keep in mind, everything about my board worked perfectly fine until this message spontaneously, and seemingly permanently, appeared.

Here's the text from it:

MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1142 - INSERT command denied to user 'nicosuavehh'@'vux57.mgt.hosting.dc2.netsol.com' for table 'mybb_sessions'
Query:
REPLACE INTO mybb_sessions SET uid='0',sid='116b6de226c1cb4c2485250eb93aaf6b',time='1319279076',ip='81.100.215.185',location='/mybb/index.php?',useragent='Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1',location1='0',location2='0',nopermission='0'

Please contact the MyBB Group for support.

...It's been this way a month or two now and I just figured for the longest time that it's got to be a system error on your part, but the length of time now, and the fact that your community still seems to be functioning, finally forced me on to here to seek assistance.

Help please..? I don't know what's the matter.

thanks.

rhizotomyfilm dot com
Not much sure about it, but first, try to fix mybb_sessions table by going to SQL part in PhPMyAdmin window by running below query:

REPAIR TABLE `mybb_sessions`

Next check if you've added correct database details in inc/config.php file.
Edit: It also seems your host blocked INSERT command.

If you didn't do anything then it seems your host has edited the permissions of your mysql user and denied command. Contact your host and ask them to check.

If you have access to phpmyadmin, you may be able to do this yourself.
(2011-10-22, 10:52 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Not much sure about it, but first, try to fix mybb_sessions table by going to SQL part in PhPMyAdmin window by running below query:

REPAIR TABLE `mybb_sessions`

Next check if you've added correct database details in inc/config.php file.
Edit: It also seems your host blocked INSERT command.

If you didn't do anything then it seems your host has edited the permissions of your mysql user and denied command. Contact your host and ask them to check.

If you have access to phpmyadmin, you may be able to do this yourself.

I'm sorry, but I'm not a coder at all, so I don't natively understand what you're talking about. The nearest I can guess, via a Google search, is that I have to download a program called PHPMyAdmin and try to use it to repair the mybb_sessions table file. According to this logic, the table file would not be repairable simply by accessing it using Fetch or another FTP program. I would have to somehow go in to my bulletin board's engine via this PHPMyAdmin means, and do a repair from there. Either that, or Network Solutions (that's my host company) does it for me. And for the record, Network Solutions is crap, both in the design and execution of their own website (!) and in the design and execution of their telephone customer support.

Short version: I don't want to call Network Solutions unless my website is bleeding from the neck. I don't know how to repair the table myself because I'm not a coder. Again: help! ... Thanks. Wink

Your mysql user doesn't have permission to use the INSERT command on that particular database. If your host has cPanel, you can edit the database user to allow the INSERT command. If not, then you should contact your host and reference the error.