MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How To Get Group Images!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello and welcome to my first guide here! I hope you like it! Smile
_________________________________________________________________________________________
First off, you want to be in the ACP. Then click "Users & Groups"
[Image: 2ed5suh.png]
_________________________________________________________________________________________
Now, click "Groups"
[Image: e1duh5.png]
Now, click any group you want a image for, it doesn't matter which as long as you have a image. For this, I'll use Admins.
Look for "Group Image"
[Image: 4g3q5y.png]
Thanks to Sukanjan.K for making amazing group ranks! I'll be using his, if you do not have any. Here's the link. (Click Me)
Save the file somewhere you can find it. Now open a new tab, and go to here. Find the Administrator image. Animated or non-animated. Hit upload, enter the code. The page should be this:
[Image: 2a79z84.png]
Copy the "Direct Link for Layouts"
Go back to the Admin group and paste the link in "Group Image", scroll down and hit save. Now go to your forums and it should be like this:
[Image: a1u8nd.png]
Now, you can do this for every group or just this! If you have any questions or problems, please let me know!
I would recommend uploading them to a file in images called "Userbars". Then you can use 'Images/Userbars/Admin.png' as the group image link. This is just in case the image gets removed.
Mmmk. Thanks. Smile
(2011-10-23, 02:16 PM)temp Wrote: [ -> ]^yes i think you are new too mybb.and its always better if you upload your forum images in /images dierectory.but good efforts man.

Yea i kinda am :p i had a question, where do you find that :l on 1.4?
It doesn't matter where you upload the image, but I think it is better if it is an internal one.

To upload the image you need FTP access.
It's not that you cant upload it to a image host, but I think it might be better if its in the image directory in-case the link of the image was broken.