MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I hate parked domains so much
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
man i hate searching for a domain and then finding that its parked eating dust.
It doesn't mean you can't buy it. It either means it's for sale, or it's a premium domain that the owner is using to sell ads off.
If you want to buy it though, it costs a huge amount of money.
Hit the lottery...lol
Not to mention having a domain parked does not necessarily mean it is not being used. I have a number of domains that have no websites on them (parked) but I use them extensively for other services (email, ftp, dynamic dns on subdomains etc)
(2011-10-24, 07:28 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]Not to mention having a domain parked does not necessarily mean it is not being used. I have a number of domains that have no websites on them (parked) but I use them extensively for other services (email, ftp, dynamic dns on subdomains etc)

This. Though I've finally eliminated all of my "extra" domains and combined all the services down to just one.
I've been buying domains that are close to my compititions name and park it so they can't have it.
(2011-10-24, 06:46 PM)JayCeeS Wrote: [ -> ]I've been buying domains that are close to my compititions name and park it so they can't have it.

That's illegal...
(2011-10-24, 06:52 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-10-24, 06:46 PM)JayCeeS Wrote: [ -> ]I've been buying domains that are close to my compititions name and park it so they can't have it.

That's illegal...

It's not illegal. Only if the company name is copyrighted.

If JayCeeS's competitor is exampleforum.com and he buys exampleforums.com, there's nothing they can do.

so you're one of the evil domain parkers
Pages: 1 2