MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Very slow forum response
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After moving to a much powerful server, our forum experiences very slow responsing, more than 10 senconds from one page to another. There is no issue with server. What could be wrong with the fourm itself? Appreciate any tips and help.
If you only started experiencing these issues after moving to the new server, then that's most likely the issue. MyBB wouldn't just magically start running slow.

But still, what does the debug info at the bottom say?
Please copy your debug info (you'll find it at the bottom of any page if you're the admin)
(2011-10-23, 09:09 AM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]Please copy your debug info (you'll find it at the bottom of any page if you're the admin)

Here it is:

Generated in 0.0878429 seconds (84.18% PHP / 15.82% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 18 / Global Parsing Time: 0.0438390 / Memory Usage: 3.95 MB
PHP version: 5.1.6 / Server Load: 0.52 / GZip Compression: Enabled

Do you need advanced details?
Well, it's obviously not taking 10 seconds to generate the page - the debug stats prove that. The issue is likely to do with the physical link you have to the server. Could you try pinging it and see what the response time is?
(2011-10-23, 10:11 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it's obviously not taking 10 seconds to generate the page - the debug stats prove that. The issue is likely to do with the physical link you have to the server. Could you try pinging it and see what the response time is?

It works fine now. It might be due to some maintenance work in the hosting provider's data center that affected server performance.
(2011-10-23, 09:06 AM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]If you only started experiencing these issues after moving to the new server, then that's most likely the issue. MyBB wouldn't just magically start running slow.

Maybe it is because the system has not been stabilized. From time to time, we still experience very slow response.

One thing I have noticed is that before moving to the new server, all posting files and attachements are stored in /public_html/forum/uploads/monthly directories. With the new server, public_html is replaced by httpdocs directory, but I don't see any new posting files and attachements have been stored in the directory, and I cannot find where those news files are stored. Any ideas about this?
In "forum" directory, there is no cache folder, but in the backup file there is: cache/theme. Would this cause slow system response? If it does, how the cashe can be re-astablished? Would simply copy the backup cache to "forum" directory work?

(2011-10-23, 09:06 AM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]If you only started experiencing these issues after moving to the new server, then that's most likely the issue. MyBB wouldn't just magically start running slow.

Sounds like you may have a few CHMOD issues. I doubt they'd slow the site down too much, but you can check the CHMOD settings are correct from the ACP in the Tools & Maintenance area I believe (haven't got a physical version of the ACP open atm).
(2011-10-25, 05:09 AM)outlook Wrote: [ -> ]

Maybe it is because the system has not been stabilized. From time to time, we still experience very slow response.

One thing I have noticed is that before moving to the new server, all posting files and attachements are stored in /public_html/forum/uploads/monthly directories. With the new server, public_html is replaced by httpdocs directory, but I don't see any new posting files and attachements have been stored in the directory, and I cannot find where those news files are stored. Any ideas about this?

They're stored in the exact same place, ./forum/uploads/

Whether the base folder is called public_html or httpdocs is irrelevant and won't change the behaviour of anything.