MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Modify portal.php
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So,i want to modify portal.php.

1. I want to have like 10 post per page (so,portal will have page ,like wordpress or any other cms )
2. Add a slider.
3. Add a block in right with a video

Can someone help me?
Customizing the MyBB portal page is fairly easy. Are you already familiar with the template system?

For the most part, you'll be needing this code:

<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td class="thead"><strong>TITLE HERE</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1">CONTENT HERE<td>
</tr>
</table>
<br />
Thanks,now,how i cant put pages?
I think there was a tutorial for using xThreads and give pages to the portal.

Search here:
http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com
(2011-10-23, 11:54 AM)Kitikru Wrote: [ -> ]So,i want to modify portal.php.

1. I want to have like 10 post per page (so,portal will have page ,like wordpress or any other cms )
2. Add a slider.
3. Add a block in right with a video

Can someone help me?

1) in ACP settings find portal settings and set forums to pull from and set the max number to show
2) The slider is like CSS and JS based, so you need to find the code for that, then edit portal template to insert that code and the add the block or code to display the slider. if you need dynamic content in the slider, then a plugin is needed to derive the slider contnets (images, posts, etc) on the fly.
3)use the above example template code to create a new block that you can then embed a video into