MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Same Database for two forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.
I wanna create my forum with mybb because it can be modded easily and can be personalized.
Now i come to the point of my problem:
i wanna create two forum eg tv.duppers.com and movies.duppers.com on different subdomains. And different forums.
But i wanna use same database for both forums.
( i wanna do that if user register on one forum, he can logon to all other forums also, if he posts a post in tv.duppers.com that should also be counted in another forum(movies.duppers.com) overall: i wanna use global statistics and user database for all forums. Please note i don't wanna do this via creating many categories, i wanna install two forums and single user and statistics database.)
mean i wanna install more than one forums with single user database and overall forums statistics.
Thanks for your support!
I want to read it but you should space your post out some more. Sorry, edit your post then I will help you out.
Edit for what?
What u wanna know more?
hello? Whr is mybb support team :O Confused
in my belief its not possible mow ..

you need a plugin to do this job.
What I understood it that you want to use a forum and two domains.
It's probably possible, but it would probably take a lot of changes to the core code.
No, two separate forums with single member list and universal Forum statics etc
Wow, I remember attempting this and it sure was hard work. I managed to get it to register an account on both forums but was tough and encountered many problems along the way.

Simple idea, hard concept.
It's possible to fake the member list. (If the login fails, check the other database before calling it a failed attempt.) I don't know about the stats, though.