MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I am Converted to MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am converting my forum from phpbb3 to mybb

My conversion taking more than 12hours. let me know about other conversion , from where you converted and conversion time.

post ur details here Smile
do you have a large database with a huge number of posts & attachments ...
if you are doing the conversion online, may be its better to do it on your own computer !!
12 hours ????

what ranjani said....lol
Congrats on ditching phpBB
I had a forum with about 300,000 posts and took me only about 30 minutes to convert from phpbb3 to mybb....
still process running guys ... not yet completed ....

database size 8gb ...

I had paused for around 6 hours....

still running online....

let me reply again after it get completed Smile

its get skow in converting post table ....

(2011-10-24, 03:51 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]do you have a large database with a huge number of posts & attachments ...
if you are doing the conversion online, may be its better to do it on your own computer !!

downloading 8gb database and uploading again after conversion will took more time than that.

thats y i preffered it...

but i get two time shutdown and again turn on my pc and just navigate to the link.

it works. whether it will create any problem after conversion???

and a single table called debuglog occupies more space like 6gb wat the use of that?? shall i drop the values in thaT??
Back up the database gzipped and see how large it is. If it's sparse it'll be a pretty small (by comparison) file.
around 2gb Sad that also big for me Sad anyway conversion going to finish Smile

am running out of disk space ,becoz mybbdebug taking lot of space wat to do now??
conversion done but all are irregular . like post has replies but not showing in count but showing in thread , last post misplaced
Post any issues in the merge section.

As to convertising, imo, it's always better to merge offline.