MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Category Description showing too close to title
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm using the latest version of mybb and The Cure template. I'm finding that if I add a description to a category that it shows directly under the title. Far too close. I've tried adding a <br> to it but then it shows it overlapping the bottom of the category bar.

I've also tried making the following files bigger thead_left.jpg, thead_right.jpg and thead_main.jpg but that made no difference.

I just can't find which file must state the height of the bar in pixels.

Please help

Thanks in advance

Donna
-x-
What's your forum's URL?
Sorry, I hadn't put it because its not launched yet and is more often that not offline. I've got it online now for a bit. It's www.icklebits.co.uk/forum

Thanks in advance.

Donna
-x-

(2011-10-25, 09:53 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]What's your forum's URL?

Forgot to say that at the moment the descriptions are showing with <br> in front of them. I have left one so that it isn't so you can see the difference.

Just add <br />
As I said earlier, I tried the <br>. Adding </br> makes no difference. I've done that on "Reception" category and you will see that although it moves it away from the category title it then overlaps the bottom.

Any other ideas please?

Thanks again for looking

Donna
-x-

(2011-10-25, 11:20 AM)Hay_Den Wrote: [ -> ]Just add <br />

Templates > Forum Bit Templates > forumbit_depth1_cat > and find;
<div><strong><a href="{$forum_url}">{$forum['name']}</a></strong><div class="smalltext">{$forum['description']}</div></div>
and Change it into;
<div><strong><a href="{$forum_url}">{$forum['name']}</a></strong><br /><div class="smalltext">{$forum['description']}</div></div>
Thanks but that made no difference. Huh

(2011-10-25, 11:33 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Templates > Forum Bit Templates > forumbit_depth1_cat > and find;
<div><strong><a href="{$forum_url}">{$forum['name']}</a></strong><div class="smalltext">{$forum['description']}</div></div>
and Change it into;
<div><strong><a href="{$forum_url}">{$forum['name']}</a></strong><br /><div class="smalltext">{$forum['description']}</div></div>

PM me your ACP logins so I could do it for you.
Have sent them. Please let me know if log in doesn't work. :-)

(2011-10-25, 01:11 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]PM me your ACP logins so I could do it for you.

Thank You. I've edited the required template. I also edited the Forum's Settings where you've added <br> on each Category description.

Please check and confirm.
Pages: 1 2