MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help me with the banning settings please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys

I need a bit help,
When I ban one user, that user gets banned in his account also in his computer. So when he enters to my forum he gets this message :
I'm sorry, but you are banned. You may not post, read threads, or access the forum. Please contact your forum administrator should you have any questions.

I want to make the setting that when I ban one user, to ban the user not the whole computer, so he can register again with a new user.
I’m unclear on how you banned this user. How did you ban this user? If you ban his IP address then his PC is banned and he can’t visit your site.

If you did the following then he can login but can’t edit or create posts:
AdminCP > Users & Groups > Moderator Options: Suspend Posts, with check in Suspend for

Is he using the same email address every time he joins? IIRC there is a setting that controls if a user gets to keep his email address. Also IIRC you can set the length of time before a user can reregister with the same address,
Unless you are IP banning the user then you are only banning the account not the entire computer...
i suggest that you use the stopforumspam plugin. and then, once installed, at the settings, you have options to ban a person either based on his username, email add or ip address. it took me awhile to figure this out, but it really helps. solves about 75% of the problem.
let me add, spare banning a person on the account of his username (click no). and then click no to which asks for criteria. i hope i get you right.