MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: integrate into my website?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone

I have a site that has its own members system, hand coded by one of the developers. I would like to set up myBB, so that you register on the main site, and can then use the forums. Basically i would like the forums to get the login data from the main sites database

Is this possible and how could i do it?
That would take a plugin. How could you do it? By writing one. Someone else could do it but they'd need the details of your current members system - basically what gets called, and how, to verify a login attempt, and what other information is available (to create a MyBB account if the user has none)?

If you don't mind the user having to register on MyBB first, it could be done pretty simply by calling the current system to verify the login attempt. (IOW, what in your current system gets called with the login and password that responds with either true or false, good or bad, something to indicate whether that login/password pair is valid on that system?)

Just modifying the call in my LDAP plugin would interface it to your system if all you want is the login check.
Every CMS's registration is different and remember, passwords are not stored as it is. They are hashed and stored. You can see that even after several requests, drupal and mybb is yet not integrated. So you need genuine PHP developer who can integrate both.