MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Errors on forum - duplicate posting, page never loads (please help)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I was wondering whether I could receive some help.

Me and my forum users have been experiencing some problems. Whenever a thread is made, the page never reloads to the posted thread. The thread is still made - but user is never taken to the posted thread, instead nothing happens for ages and the the user gets this error:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
2006 - MySQL server has gone away
Query:
DELETE FROM mybb_mailqueue WHERE mid='118231'

Also some users when they make posts their posts are duplicated.

Have had this problem on 1.6.0 but not before that. Just upgraded to 1.6.4. Help appreciated!
You'll need to contact your host about that error.
(2011-10-25, 02:03 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]You'll need to contact your host about that error.

Why, are you able to explain further?

So you are suggesting that the duplicate posting and error message is a host issue?

Thanks
The word "server" in;
Quote:SQL Error:
2006 - MySQL server has gone away
clearly shows its host issue.
(2011-10-25, 02:59 PM)Osman Wrote: [ -> ]Why, are you able to explain further?

So you are suggesting that the duplicate posting and error message is a host issue?

Thanks

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/gone-away.html

If the duplicate posts occur at the same time you're getting that error then it's probably related.
If MySQL closes the connection after the insert has been done, but before it tells MyBB that the insert was successful, MyBB will probably attempt to do the insert again. This results in the error message and a duplicate post.

This is usually a time-out problem, and it's something only the hosting company can address. (And I won't make a comment about oversold servers, no matter how much I'm tempted.)
Thanks for the posts, I'll get onto them.
I got this error message - any ideas?

DELETE FROM mybb_mailqueue WHERE mid='118251'
Got a response from my host - any idea what it means?

"I understand you are concerned about your website issue. While the forum you sent suggests that it is our issue because the website times out displaying the error, the issue would lie in the scripting of the website. It is likely that your scripts are running too long and causing the website to time out. You can modify your php.ini file to close after a longer period of time however, the issue of your scripts would still need to be addressed. You would modify the max execution time in your php.ini file.

Please note that we are unable to support third party application issues and we do not support the inner functionality of this program. If you are having difficulty using a third party product, we can help troubleshoot that process to the point that we find that the issue lies entirely within the configuration of that product. You may wish to consult with a community forum online or do a search on your favorite search engine as other users may have encountered a similar problem in the past and may offer helpful solutions. If you believe the issue is caused by something within our system please reply with as much pertinent information as possible and we will further review the issue.
"
Another response:

"I have reviewed your issue with our Advanced Hosting Support and it appears that the issue you are experiencing is due to a timeout through MySQL. This type of error can be prevented by using phpMyAdmin to optimize your database tables. If you need assistance with this process you would need to speak with your web developer or preferred search engine. We would also suggest that you make a back up of your database before making any changes (Backing up and Restoring Databases)."

Any suggests to fix problem?