MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Install Probs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm having some trouble getting mybb to work. I have uploaded the content of the upload folder to

www.uk-go-karting.com/forum/

I can get to the admin area by going to

www.uk-go-karting.com/forum/admin/

but when I go to

www.uk-go-karting.com/forum/

i get the index showing the images and admin folders

or if i type

www.uk-go-karting.com/forum/index.php

all I get is a blank page. I have set the board URL to be

http://www.uk-go-karting.com/forum

It is probably something small but I can't figure it so any help would be much appreciated.

Kermit
Your forum loads fine for me. If you go to the Admin CP, Settings -> Server Optomization Settings, disable 'Gzip Page Compression', and hopefully that will fix the issue with you seeing a blank page.

Chris
hmm, the forums dont seem to be working for me?
have disabled a GZip? some hosts have particular setting ....
Hmm, Chris, do you think you could work around this somehow?? Cause a lot of people have this problem.
Well browsers are meant to send an Accept-compression header if they support gzip, but if it's anything like the Accept header then that's not always the case... still, it would be better to turn off gzip except for people who sent the header. I dunno if this is already done or not.
Thanks all, I disabled the GZIP but still had probs, then looked through the rest of the settings, and I had a incy wincy tiny little trailing slash at the end of my board url, which I removed and now all works fine.
Sorry but I now I can see the forums I seem to have a permissions problem.

I've set up 2 user groups team1 and team2.

team 1 has users - driver1 (pass=driver1)
- driver2 (pass=driver2)
- driver3(pass=driver3)

team 2 has users - kart1 (pass=kart1)
- kart2 (pass=kart2)

I have also set up 2 forums - Team Forum 1 (pass=team1)
- Team Forum 2 (pass=team2)

I basically want the users in team1 to only be able to use Team Forum 1
and vica verci.

The problem I have is that the forums seem to loop round, asking for the forum password, then click 'new thread' it asks for username and pass, the routes to the forum list page - When you then click on a forum it again asks for the forum pass and so on.

I have also tried setting the permissions on the forums so that team1 can't view Team Forum 2 and vica verci, but this has the same problem.

Any ideas?

don't worry, I crawled through the forums and found that the full cookie path that I put in needed to simply be a /. Now all is well with mybb.

Top Forum!