MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Please help me.. I deleted the only admin account.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm a completely idiot, In the admin CP I clicked to delete my account just to see if it would let me delete the only admin account. It did.. I now have no admin account to my board.

I have full access to my DB with phpmyadmin. can I do anything in there to reenable my admin account? Could a possible fresh install work?

Thanks in advance,
Dan
You can start all over, but then you lose everything.

Or you could just your database back-ups. Smile

Maybe creating a new users and using zaher1988's recover lost admin plugin also works.
I got it.

I just edited the users table associated with my new account and changed my user group to 4. Smile
That's what zaher's plugin does. Toungue

I'm glad you solved it. :-)
Thanks.. Smile I also had to add a row with my UID to "mybb_adminoptions"
Its really nice when a person solves a problem themselves Toungue

It makes my life a load easier!
DrPoodle Wrote:Its really nice when a person solves a problem themselves Toungue

Not to mention mine Smile

Also, there's a new feature in 1.2 that prevents other users from deleting the admin account (or designated super-admins). However I'm not sure if it prevents the super-admin from deleting him/herself... *should look into that*
I know vB prevents admins from deleting themselves, I was just testing on myBB. I didn't think it would let me, but it did.
DennisTT Wrote:
DrPoodle Wrote:Its really nice when a person solves a problem themselves Toungue

Not to mention mine Smile

Also, there's a new feature in 1.2 that prevents other users from deleting the admin account (or designated super-admins). However I'm not sure if it prevents the super-admin from deleting him/herself... *should look into that*

The admin still can delete himself, though.
It's also possible to edit the user-table in the database directly right ?
Yes turn on that that user is a admin, or look up it's GroupID, and make that group a admin group...

(I'm using MySQL, and I know this would work for me....but ofcourse, i realize everybody got different environments...)
Pages: 1 2 3