MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Free host- Prelaunch staff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Disclaimer; Before you say "Prelaunch staff, you shouldn't need staff before hand, blah, blah, blah," for our reasoning below. So please. For the love of loving, don't say that. Please, also show you have basic literacy skills by reading this part first. IF YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED, DON'T POST. All Questions or Comments can be directed by PM's. This thread is for people DIRECTLY applying. Again ANY questions, PM ME ONLY.

The company I work for is opening a MyBB freehost. Now we are looking for staff. We currently will operate from most of the remains of ForymHost, which we purchased. All existing staff from Forym host are welcome to contact me if you wish to rejoin.

The position is unpaid, but we likely can figure a service exchange (Hosting or discounts from other services we have),

Please answer the below list in a post here.
  • Name
  • Are you legally entitled to work in Canada?
  • Do you have expierence with Hosting?
  • Can you do HTML Markup?
  • CSS?
  • Program in PHP, or any other programming languages?
  • Do you have any experience in webhosting?
  • Do you have experience with CPanel?
  • Do you have experience with WHM?
  • Do you have experience with SSH?
  • Do you have a deep knowledge of Linux commands?

Thanks for reading.

Aristotle,
Mark Mina
Name
Tom Kent
Online Persona
Tom K.
Are you legally entitled to work in Canada?
No. But I have spoken with Mark (Aristotle here at MyBB) about this already.
Do you have expierence with Hosting?
Yes, I hosted and ran createbb.com for a while, before selling it to another member here at mybb.com.
Can you do HTML Markup?
Yes, a fair bit. Not much experience with HTML5 though, but I'm willing to learn.
CSS?
Yes. Currently beggining to learn some CSS3 stuff.
Program in PHP, or any other programming languages?
Yes. I have a lot of experience with PHP. Including areas such as PHP Cryptography and GD library. I am also a competent vb.NET programmer. I am programming a search engine crawler with PHP front-end for a college project.
Do you have any experience in webhosting?
I have a bit of experience with createbb.com, but a lot as a customer (unmanaged VPS owner Wink)
Do you have experience with CPanel?
Yes, I used it for about a year and a half before moving to DirectAdmin due to the cost cPanel was adding to my bill.
Do you have experience with WHM?
Yes, all of the cPanel accounts I have had were WHM/cPanel.
Do you have experience with SSH?
Yes, I have been on an unmanaged VPS for about a year now. I also ran a minecraft server for a while.
Do you have a deep knowledge of Linux commands?
Quite deep. I would say I am a "light" linux user. But Google is my friend, and I am pretty good with problem solving Smile

Thanks for considering my application Smile
Name
Alex Smith
Online Persona
NetSage
Are you legally entitled to work in Canada?
No
Do you have expierence with Hosting?
Yes, but haven't been on a free forum host that pre-installs the forum for you for a long time Big Grin.
Can you do HTML Markup?
Yes
CSS?
Yes
Program in PHP, or any other programming languages?
I understand a lot of the basics of php but that's about it.
Do you have any experience in webhosting?
I want to say yes as I did do a little free hosting for people back when I had adminlounge running. But, honestly it was only a few people and Direct Admin did most of the work.

But, I have set up an unamaged vps a few times too.
Do you have experience with CPanel?
Yes, every shared host I've had uses it.
Do you have experience with WHM?
Very little I quickly moved to Direct Admin.
Do you have experience with SSH?
Yes, used it a lot when setting up and managing my VPSs.
Do you have a deep knowledge of Linux commands?
I don't know if I would say deep but I know enough to get most basic tasks done and anything I don't know I can usually find pretty quickly.
Mark, are you considering using our themes still? If so, I'd like to be somewhat involved.
(2011-10-27, 11:05 PM)Audentio Wrote: [ -> ]Mark, are you considering using our themes still? If so, I'd like to be somewhat involved.

We are of course, we have just been set back a while because of implications with our setup versus how we would like to like to deploy this server.
May sound like a dumb question..but what exactly are the staff going to be doing? Not trying to get on your case about having staff pre-launch, just curious as to what I'm applying for.
Name: Jake Booher
Online Persona: Booher, Jake B., Jake
Are you legally entitled to work in Canada? No, I live in the USA
Do you have expierence with Hosting? Yes
Can you do HTML Markup? Yes
CSS?Yes
Program in PHP, or any other programming languages? PHP, A little java and C++
Do you have any experience in webhosting? Yes, i own 2 servers. One is cPanel, the other is just a server with webmin and SSH
Do you have experience with CPanel? Yes
Do you have experience with WHM? Yes
Do you have experience with SSH? Yes
Do you have a deep knowledge of Linux commands? Yes I do.
i would love to join and gain more experience with mybb, i know php/html/css, cPanel, WHM, with experience with hosting.
I'll keep this open till Friday, after that we will either contact you for either your acceptance, or to find out more information.

Thanks,

Mark.
Not too much longer to go. I will likely contact people on Monday now, due to a complicated schedule.

Thank you,

Mark Mina.