MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Does cPanel / Plesk come with PHP/MySQL pre installed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone,

I wanted to know, when you install cPanel or more specifically Plesk on a server, do you get PHP/MySQL/PHPMyAdmin automatically?
Are they by default included in both control panels? Or I have to install each application on my own (the server is new, it has nothing but the CentOS on it)

Help please Smile
" do you get PHP/MySQL/PHPMyAdmin automatically? " <-- in general, No ...
You have to install LAMP (The easiest) then you must install something. IIRC plesk makes you disable SELinux. Which is bad. CPanel costs a craptonne. Imo get webmin, one or two commands and that's it.
And what if I have a LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP), is it easy then to start running MyBB directly? Or do I still have to add things in order to make it work?? Sad
^ of course, you would need a database administrator / manager (eg. phpMyAdmin) ...
No you don't. I have nothing but Apache, MySQL, PHP and MyBB on my test server. Just know how to type SQL commands, or at very least know how to use Google, and you'll be set.
(2011-10-26, 10:13 AM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]And what if I have a LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP), is it easy then to start running MyBB directly? Or do I still have to add things in order to make it work?? Sad

I'd install PhpMyadmin. Then just Wget MyBB. FTP isn't really needed these days.
the easiest way and a open source is Kloxo control panel. i am using that for 2 years. try this all will come by default Smile
(2011-10-26, 05:07 PM)filegrasper Wrote: [ -> ]the easiest way and a open source is Kloxo control panel. i am using that for 2 years. try this all will come by default Smile

Kloxo i know for a fact needs SELinux disabled. This is a bad :p.
Plesk depends on MySQL, so yes.
Pages: 1 2