MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Locked myself out of Admin panel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I locked myself out when testing a group membership (VIP membership) how can I access back into it?
Log into your database, edit your username and change the group ID from whatever number it is to 4.

Save of course
(2011-10-26, 08:53 PM)Knerba Wrote: [ -> ]Log into your database, edit your username and change the group ID from whatever number it is to 4.

Save of course

on config.php I am guessing?
No, you need to log into your phpMyAdmin which is within your hosting cPanel.
(2011-10-26, 08:56 PM)Knerba Wrote: [ -> ]No, you need to log into your phpMySQL which is within your hosting cPanel.

How do you change in the PHPMyAdmin All I can see is pages (I think Confused)
^ this thread was marked as solved !! anyway, see SQL queries - basic guide
(2011-10-26, 08:58 PM)Mr Joker Wrote: [ -> ]How do you change in the PHPMyAdmin All I can see is pages (I think Confused)
What you should see is the name of the database you created for MyBB (in the panel on the left). Click on that and you should see a whole lot of tables. Click on users. (By default it's mybb_users, but if you gave the install process a different prefix, the mybb part will be what you used.)

In the right panel you should be able to finds your login (it should be the first one). Click on the pencil for that row (second item - first one is a checkbox), and you'll get an editing screen for that record. Change the usergroup (11th item) to 4. Scroll down to the Go button and click it.

Now you should be able to get into the ACP.