MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Width and Align
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

How do I go about adjusting the width of the forumdisplay.php and showthread.php pages?

Also, once that's done, how would I go about aligning those pages to the left. I wish to add a small control panel on the right hand side when people are viewing these pages?
This should all be done with templates/themes.

You cannot really change the width of those pages without editing forumdisplay template and showthread template specifically. But if you want to change the width of the entire forum, go to global.css and find #container and change the width to whatever want. Furthermore, if you want to align the page to the left, you're going to have to remove the margin: auto auto;.

And, if you by chance do want to change the width and alignment of the board JUST in those templates, that I'd recommend opening up both forumdisplay and showthread, finding the <body> tag and editing it to say <body id="align_left">

Then in your global.css add somewhere in there:

#align_left #container {
  margin: 0 !important; /* important isn't necessary depending on where you place it */
  width: XXXpx;
}

Needless to say, change XXX to the width you want.

Thanks,
Mike