MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PM edit, report and attachments.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In the current PM system, there is no options to report PM's and also, we can't edit them.

It would be good if a PM report system is made, where we can press report button and a moderator can read the particular PM in Mod CP -> somewhere like reported PM's.
It would help us get rid of people abusing PM system.

Also, once we send a PM, we can't edit it. It would be good if we are able to edit PM's until its read by receiver. Ofcourse once the receiver read it, the edit feature shouldn't be available. It would help people correct mistakes before the other user receives it.

An attachment feature would be good too. People can send personal files to people they trust. Ofcourse, its not so important as Report and edit.
I like the report and attach idea but not keen on the edit idea
Why would you need to edit a PM? To me that makes absolutely no sense lol.
(2011-10-27, 08:52 PM)Booher Wrote: [ -> ]Why would you need to edit a PM? To me that makes absolutely no sense lol.

Its good since you wrote something that you don't want to write, or you want to write something else, then the edit option would give you such possibilities.
(2011-10-27, 09:12 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-10-27, 08:52 PM)Booher Wrote: [ -> ]Why would you need to edit a PM? To me that makes absolutely no sense lol.

Its good since you wrote something that you don't want to write, or you want to write something else, then the edit option would give you such possibilities.

Eh. I just don't like the idea. for something like that you can send a follow-up PM
For me, PM's are private and shouldn't be moderated.
Also, wouldn't the user have some kind of indirect access to the recipients account in order to edit a sent PM? That seems risky.
I believe private messages should be moderated by staff. because technically, the site is still responsible for anything sent via private message.
(2011-10-27, 09:54 PM)Booher Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-10-27, 09:12 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]

Eh. I just don't like the idea. for something like that you can send a follow-up PM

Sometimes, you may make a mistake while sending a PM. Like placing wrong link, word, etc. An edit feature will be much easier than follow-up PM, as you can't change what you said earlier.
Also, since you will be able to edit PM's only before receiver had read it, there will be no problem that people would edit PM's afterwards.

(2011-10-27, 09:57 PM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]For me, PM's are private and shouldn't be moderated.
Also, wouldn't the user have some kind of indirect access to the recipients account in order to edit a sent PM? That seems risky.

Yeah! PM's are private. That's why i say, it should be visible to moderators only when its reported by receiver. Most of the times, people would take a screenshot and show to us, if they receive an offending PM. The problem is anyone can edit things in photoshop. To confirm whether its true we would have to use something like "PM admin" plugin. But its even bad than what i suggested. Big Grin
And until the permissions are set correctly (which MyBB team will obviously do), there will be no risk.
+1 for this idea. You only should be able to edit unread PM's.
http://mods.mybb.com/view/private-messages-editor

It allows to edit unread PM, sometimes I receive two pm when a user forgives to write something.

+ for this as default in MyBB 2.0
Pages: 1 2