MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin Changes coming in 1.6.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Oh no, looking at the issues pavemen's script gives me, my forum will barely function.
I'll stay on 1.6.4.
I am curious as to why the solution to this issue is two different methods? Why not force all existing vars passed byref to simply be received byref? That way there is no need for the return function?
I'll stay on 1.6.0 until 2.0
(2011-10-29, 12:00 AM)Maj Wrote: [ -> ]I'll stay on 1.6.0 until 2.0

+ 1 Cool
(2011-10-29, 12:00 AM)Maj Wrote: [ -> ]I'll stay on 1.6.0 until 2.0

That's a sure fine way to leave your forum open to hackers.
(2011-10-29, 12:47 AM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]That's a sure fine way to leave your forum open to hackers.

Well... my forum 1.5 age old (since I installed 1.6.0) and still no hackers.
(2011-10-28, 10:56 PM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]Oh no, looking at the issues pavemen's script gives me, my forum will barely function.
I'll stay on 1.6.4.

Or just get your plugin authors to fix their plugins... the fixes are tiny Wink

(2011-10-28, 11:14 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]I am curious as to why the solution to this issue is two different methods? Why not force all existing vars passed byref to simply be received byref? That way there is no need for the return function?

Aye... And the short version is: Because originally we were going to totally remove the hooks_by_ref() function.

However, once the change was very far along, I discovered that we can't without breaking functionality. Thats when someone else (Stefan I think...) linked to some PHP documentation and I did the receiving by ref for the hooks_by_ref().
Dang, gotta do long off changes. Oh boy, this is gonna pretty sum up my work.
(2011-10-29, 10:54 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Dang, gotta do long off changes. Oh boy, this is gonna pretty sum up my work.

I did all of my plugins in under 5 minutes. It isn't really that hard man.
I have 20+ plugins Undecided
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7