MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reject Support Threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think it should be an option to reject support threads if the first post doesn't provide the minimum information provided in this thread.
It would be great if more people followed that, I think Matt plans to add a post template to MySupport though which should encourage more (most?) people to include those details.
Maybe a bot that if they don't use the template, it will nag them for the info.
How about altering the post layout to include a series of text boxes for board name, URL, description of problem
(2011-10-28, 06:33 AM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]How about altering the post layout to include a series of text boxes for board name, URL, description of problem

Matt's presets will do somewhat the same thing.
(2011-10-28, 03:31 AM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe a bot that if they don't use the template, it will nag them for the info.

Or maybe a way to don't allow them to post at all if they do not include a minimum of information.

(Like forum version and theme name (things where there is not rason to keep them private).)
URL should be required, unless it's localhost, that way we can know if they are eligible for support or not.
(2011-10-28, 11:29 PM)Everett777 Wrote: [ -> ]URL should be required, unless it's localhost, that way we can know if they are eligible for support or not.

I disagree, a URL should be required at all times. A license violator can easily say "its on localhost soz". IMO, no URL, no support.
(2011-10-29, 04:00 PM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-10-28, 11:29 PM)Everett777 Wrote: [ -> ]URL should be required, unless it's localhost, that way we can know if they are eligible for support or not.

I disagree, a URL should be required at all times. A license violator can easily say "its on localhost soz". IMO, no URL, no support.

1+
(2011-10-29, 04:00 PM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]

And if he/she can not provide an URL, almost sure we can not provide support anyways.