MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Removing line between post content
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I am wanting to remove the grey line at the bottom of every post that separates the content in the post from the buttons at the bottom of the post, exactly like this thread has asked, but it is for 1.4 and the thread is closed, I tried to adapt it for 1.6 but I can't figure it out. Thanks. http://community.mybb.com/thread-35390.html
Paste your postbit and postbit_classic template's code here.
Thank you.

I only use postbit_classic

{$ignore_bit}
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" style="{$post_extra_style} {$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
	<tr>
		<td class="{$altbg}" width="15%" valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center;"><a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
		<strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong> {$post['onlinestatus']}<br />
		<span class="smalltext">
			{$post['usertitle']}<br />
			{$post['userstars']}
			{$post['groupimage']}
			{$post['useravatar']}<br />
			{$post['user_details']}
		</span>
	</td>
	<td class="{$altbg}" valign="top">
		<table width="100%">
			<tr><td>{$post['posturl']}<p style="font-size:9px"><span>{$post['icon']}{$post['postdate']} {$post['posttime']}</span></p>
			<hr>
                        <div id="pid_{$post['pid']}" class="post_body">
				{$post['message']}
			</div>
			{$post['attachments']}
			{$post['signature']}
			<div style="text-align: right; vertical-align: bottom;" id="post_meta_{$post['pid']}">
				<div id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</div>
				{$post['iplogged']}
			</div>
</td>
</tr>
	</table>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>		
	<td class="{$altbg}" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center; vertical-align: middle;"><span class="smalltext">{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_rep']}</span></td>
	<td class="{$altbg}" style="vertical-align: middle;">
		<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
			<tr valign="bottom">
				<td align="right">{$post['button_spam']}{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}</td>
			</tr>
		</table>
	</td>
</tr>
</table>
I think I know what you mean.
Remove the contents of postbit_signature.
As Solidus said, you are going to remove the code that looks like this:

<hr size="1" width="25%" align="left">

The only reason I am bothering posting is because for some reason I think a few plugins find that code in the template to use a makeshift hook. So if that breaks one of your mods, first tell me so I know if I'm not imagining it, then a fix like this would work:

In global.css:

.post_content hr {display: none; /* will hide ALL <hr> in posts and above sig */}

Or if you support CSS3:

.post_content hr:last-child {display: none; /* will hide the very LAST <hr> */}
Thank you but it's not the signature line, if you look at the bottom of this post, the line that goes from the left all the way to the right, with the PM, www, Find buttons underneath it, this is the line I want to remove.
|
|
|
|
|
|
\/ this line here, that goes all the way across.
Replace your template's code with this;
{$ignore_bit}
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" style="{$post_extra_style} {$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
    <tr>
        <td class="{$altbg}" width="15%" valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center;"><a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
        <strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong> {$post['onlinestatus']}<br />
        <span class="smalltext">
            {$post['usertitle']}<br />
            {$post['userstars']}
            {$post['groupimage']}
            {$post['useravatar']}<br />
            {$post['user_details']}<br />
{$post['postdate']} {$post['posttime']}
        </span>
    </td>
    <td class="{$altbg}" valign="top">
        <table width="100%">
            <tr><td>{$post['posturl']}<p style="font-size:9px"><span>{$post['icon']}</span></p>
                        <div id="pid_{$post['pid']}" class="post_body">
                {$post['message']}
            </div>
            {$post['attachments']}
            {$post['signature']}
            <div style="text-align: right; vertical-align: bottom;" id="post_meta_{$post['pid']}">
                <div id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</div>
                {$post['iplogged']}
            </div><br/>
<div valign="bottom" style="margin-top: 100px;">{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_rep']}{$post['button_spam']}{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}</div>
</td>
</tr>
    </table>
</td>
</tr>
    </td>
</tr>
</table>