MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: NEVER use 1and1 for domains...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright, about 3 days ago i ordered 2 .com domains from 1&1. It said it would take 12-24 hours for the domain to become active.. fair enough, it's only $0.99 each. 3 days later, domains still have the "Domain has been requested" message. And when i look on who.is, the domain IS registered to me... wtf 1&1 -_-
Use a service primarily dedicated to domains (Moniker, Dynadot), not as a subsidiary (1and1, GoDaddy).
You have to make sure the domain will be yours, which can be way harder than it sounds. I completely disregard any site's special that offers a free or nearly free domain if you buy other services from them - because there's probably a catch and I don't want to waste time trying to find out what it is.

Some of the best advise that I've learned about buying domains is to buy from a company that is established in doing so, and buy hosting somewhere else.
I use 1&1 for domains on occasion. Never had a problem. SimPuma and AceFuse are both registered with 1&1.

http://cl.ly/423y3z053S34261Z2g3h
I have used 1 and 1 as well with no issue.
You get what you pay for.
I have multiple domains from them. and never had problems until these 2. It's been 4 days and still nothing.

[Image: 1zdw678.png]
(2011-10-28, 11:07 AM)Booher Wrote: [ -> ]I have multiple domains from them. and never had problems until these 2. It's been 4 days and still nothing.

[Image: 1zdw678.png]

AceFuse said the same go change the DNS and maybe it will fix it. I just continued to use it as I normally would and it fixed it. Sometimes the problem can be that it's having trouble processing your PayPal.
Can't change the DNS. Cant do anything with it.
Tried to use 1&1 once or twice...they sucked both times.

Domains- Namecheap / Godaddy

Hosting- Hostgator / Bluehost
Pages: 1 2