MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum development ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been checking out showcase. Many forums seem to not have much activity. There are a lot of cool ideas and concepts, but Persons should know that a forum is way different from a normal website, and is in fact harder to get off ground. Having a good idea is one thing but turning it into a reality is another. Forums need regular maintenance and cant just sit around like a normal website. I hate to see newbies filled with energy over new forum but get disappointed over initial results. My advice is don't get disappointed and keep working at it. Don't throw away your idea because a few people disagree with you. Rethink your approach and keep updating, make sure your doing everything possible in all areas especially search engine optimization and promoting your forum.

your thoughts?
I agree Smile I have an awesome idea for a mybb related site, I have the domain and everything. I just need the funds to hire a developer. It's quite draining really Sad
I think it's something users have to find on their own. If they quit their sites, then they likely shouldn't have it open in the first place.
It's a long process. You need full dedication on your forum if you want it to take off.
Try, Try and Try again.....
If you're not willing to put years of work into your forum, give up now.
Yeah and forums tend to be really successful after a year or two.