MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [AC] Firefox VS IE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The logo... i like the logo Smile
This happens with pretty much everyboard out there nowadays. I pretty much expect to redo every skin with each new version. But the two that I have done for myBB are rather simple and should be no problem to re-create.

As far as IE vs FF, I would have to sway towards IE; Simply because I could really care. I can skin to comply for pretty much any of the upper-end browsers out there. Things will always differ between IE, firefox, and opera. There are different developers behind them and IMO there will never be one constant standard.

With errors that occur in some browsers it make me do workarounds that I normally would not have attempted, therefore I learn new ways to do things that I may not have seen before.

As long as people see a big Blue "E" on a fresh install of windows, it will always be in the majority.
The next version is the last version where you will have to totally redo everything. The theme system in Gold works on inheritance, so if a value is missing (for example when upgrading to a new version which contains new them bits) the default (from MyBB) will be used. This also affects top level parents because they are actually 2nd level - there is a top level theme which cannot be changed.

Templates on the other hand, sometimes you will have to redo them, but most of the time after gold we intend to post a list of changed templates and provide necessary tools for you to manually merge your customised ones in to the new ones.
okay thank you for the information chris.
Pages: 1 2