MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hacked, need help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I just got back from holiday and found out my site at www.xeract.co.uk has been hacked by "Mosyansar". I looked at my database and it's still there with all the data in, and I've overwritten all the files with my local copies, but I can't get rid of the "Hacked by Mosyansar" index page.

Has anyone else had this problem, and does anyone know how to get my forum up again?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
looks like you need to restore your templates. If you were using the originals then all you need to do is go to the templates section of your Admin CP and click the revert template buttons. You will louse any customizations.

If you were using another theme you will need to delete the theme and reload the themes xml file.

Restoring the database with an earlier version will also clear out the crackers rubbish.
Perhaps, if you can, take a look in your database, and view the templates-database.
The do a find in field 'template' for the word 'hack', and i'm sure you'll find what your looking for.

Ofcourse, if you got a backup of your database, that would be a good help aswell
....just restore the old 'templates' table to tablename 'templates_new'
....and when you succesfully restored it
....rename the current 'templates' table to 'templates_old',
and rename the 'templates_new' table to 'templates'.

I hope this is any help to you.

An alternative is..but it's probebly a lot of work, to view all settings of the template from the AdminCP.
Are you running 1.1.6 xeract?
Sorry for the delay in response. As xiaozhu said I'm only running 1.1. Serves me right for using outdated software I suppose. Unfortunately I hadn't created any backups as it was a relatively new forum.

It seems my Admin CP has been hacked by a different person called Tino, who's also deleted all of my forums, but it dosen't seem like he deleted the actual posts inside them.

If he hasn't, is it possible to put the posts back into newly created forums? Would I have to do this in the database?

Thanks for the help
You can create the forums, and change the forum IDs of the new forums to the old ones. Update the caches afterward.