MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I am being spammed because all installed plugins are not working please help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
URL to your forum/URL to specific problematic page: http://www.internet-marketing-forum.net/
New installation or upgrade (from which version of MyBB)?: Latest version.
Test user account (if a posting/UserCP issue) Non posting problem.
Screenshot or error text, verbatim: Not needed.

I have installed all the top rated plugins, one example is the Signature Control which has a setting of 10 posts before being allowed to add links in the signature.

However it's not working nor is any other plugins such as the like this/thank you plugin, there are more also that have stopped working.

The only thing I have changed on the forum would be when I changed the color of a link, I did this by editing a part of the headerinclude, as directed and helped by a kind member on here.

That should not of changed anything anyway so I am stumped to be honest, please can someone help me out as I am being spammed like crazy with new members.

Everything looks fine from the back end right now, I have the "All of the required files and directories have the proper CHMOD settings." message so can not see what is causing this at all to be honest.

The other thing is when I had the thank you/like post plugin installed first of all it worked, now the images are crossed out and do not show up, thus casing the plugins to now work or anything, I have also uninstalled all plugins and then re installed them but they still do not work at all.

Please help me out someone Sad

-Lee
would you like to provide temporary admin account & ftp access thru PM ...
(2011-10-29, 07:10 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]would you like to provide temporary admin account & ftp access thru PM ...

Sure no problem I shall contact you now with the details, you are trusted so I don't have an issue with that. I will PM you the details right away and thank you for helping me out.

-Lee
Login details have been send over to you, thank you very much for helping me out.

-Lee
Exactly which plugins do you have installed?
(2011-10-29, 09:42 AM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Exactly which plugins do you have installed?

Hi there thank you for responding, I am about to mark this as solved, ranjani has spent quite some time helping me out on the forum to fix this. He has corrected the plugins and even added other suggestions on there.

Thank you everyone for responding and helping me out. Smile

-Lee
I don't know which plugins ranjani installed, but I recommend the following:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-99893-p...#pid728686

And just for the record, the next MyBB update (1.6.5) will contain most of these tools and more.
(2011-10-29, 09:49 AM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know which plugins ranjani installed, but I recommend the following:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-99893-p...#pid728686

And just for the record, the next MyBB update (1.6.5) will contain most of these tools and more.

Thank you very much, I have bookmarked them now. Smile

-Lee
I personally just use Reg Security Questions by G33K and its very nice. No spammers since I've installed them.