MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: curl_exec() has been disabled for security reasons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have this problem and need help to resolve.

Whenever i click to check for the versions and try to configure some plugins this error occurs

Warning [2] curl_exec() has been disabled for security reasons - Line: 5538 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 5.2.17 (Linux)

File Line Function
[PHP] errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5538 curl_exec
/admin/modules/home/version_check.php 54 fetch_remote_file
/admin/index.php 488 require

anyone have idea to resolve this.
contact your webhost !!
Or just change webhosts; you must be on a free host and a pretty bad one at that if cURL is disabled.
(2011-10-29, 07:59 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Or just change webhosts; you must be on a free host and a pretty bad one at that if cURL is disabled.

Actually i am on a VPS. Is there any method to enable it manually.
Are you familiar with ssh and Linux command line? If you have root access to your server, you can connect to it and reenable the function by editing the php.ini file and restarting the httpd service. You can also contact your host and ask them to do it for you, as already mentioned.
(2011-10-29, 08:02 AM)msafiq Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-10-29, 07:59 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Or just change webhosts; you must be on a free host and a pretty bad one at that if cURL is disabled.

Actually i am on a VPS. Is there any method to enable it manually.

Ensure php(5)-curl is installed. If you're using ubuntu, run apt-get install php5-curl then restart the PHP process. Or, if it is already installed, modify the php.ini as stated above.