MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Database change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, I have forum lfcbalkan.info
And It worked for like 2 months on one hosting. But now that hosting is down and I wanted to change to another hosting. The problem is I didn't have a database. So, I just logged in to cpanel of old hosting (cpanel worked somehow) and just transfer all the files from public_html/forum to my computer.

So I bought a new hosting, created directory /forum, installed mybb and then just replaced files from /forum directory from my computer (it's files from old hosting)

The problem is coz old database was named "giptxhoh_lfc" and now new database is called "rendafis_liverpool" so when I replace files and go to lfcbalkan.info/forum I get

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
    1045 - Access denied for user 'giptxhoh_lfc'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Query:
    [READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server 

Any help ? What file to edit so I can put a new name of database ? Thanks in advance.

EDIT -
Okay, problem solved, but now it's working and I have 0 members, it's not like on old hosting ? Is there any way that I can get my database from old hosting back ? Only cpanel of old hosting is working ?????

./inc/config.php
Edit inc/config.php

/ninja
Edit /inc/config.php with the new values

LoL.. Posted already.. my very bad internet, so slow Sad
Thanks guys...

Okay, problem solved, but now it's working and I have 0 members, it's not like on old hosting ? Is there any way that I can get my database from old hosting back ? Only cpanel of old hosting is working ?????
^ from the cpanel of old host you should be able to export the database ; i.e. download to your
computer ; upload it to the new host AND use it for your new myBB ... (modify ./inc/config.php)
Yes, but what should I export ? I exported /public_html/forum from old host and reuploaded it to new hosting...And it works, but no old users nor posts...It's just like I just installed mybb..

What should I export from old hosting ?
^ it is the database (sql OR sql.gz format) ; see [wiki : Database Backup] & [wiki : database restore]
Solved !! Thanks every one Big Grin