MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Who has the most reputation ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reputation doesn't really determine how respected you are. You can help someone it doesn't mean they will give you rep. I've helped quite a number of people and received nothing at all. Plugin and theme developers don't get as much respect because no one really gives reputation for a plugin they like. It's odd how the whole thing works. IMO a like post system would be better in many ways. i.e. if I thought a post was helpful I'd click a button which would put my on the list for people who liked that post and then give that member 1 reputation point.
I'm pretty sure I did the last time I checked.
(2011-10-31, 05:45 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]Reputation doesn't really determine how respected you are.
I disagree.

(2011-10-31, 05:45 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]You can help someone it doesn't mean they will give you rep.
Those people don't matter.

(2011-10-31, 05:45 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]I've helped quite a number of people and received nothing at all.
They obviously didn't think your help was worth their effort to give you reputation.

(2011-10-31, 05:45 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]Plugin and theme developers don't get as much respect because no one really gives reputation for a plugin they like.
Because reputation is based more on how much you spam the forums, not about what you contribute through other means.

(2011-10-31, 05:45 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]IMO a like post system would be better in many ways. i.e. if I thought a post was helpful I'd click a button which would give that member 1 reputation point.
Funny you say that. Toungue
I get reputation for generally being helpful and often because of my {im}maturity. It's not something I really care about but it adds color to my post. Toungue
Generally I do not care about reputations at all, sometimes I give it just to avoid replying to a post.

Regularly forums owners get the most reputation just because of being the forum owners, imo, that make the reputation system look useless...
I barely ever get rep Toungue I don't think rep is the most important thing ever, but it can be used to judge the reliability of a member
Actually Yumi, Jason is right. I can't count the amount of times people PM me and i spend hours helping, usually i just want a "Thank you" a "You rock" or something. I find only the people are thinking they are super desprite and that we live for rep, the people who don't wait and insist on help now. Those are the ones that give rep. Most of the time i ignore the support section because of them.
(2011-11-02, 04:20 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]Actually Yumi, Jason is right.
Actually, statistically, I'm usually more right whilst others are not.

(2011-11-02, 04:20 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]I can't count the amount of times people PM me and i spend hours helping, usually i just want a "Thank you" a "You rock" or something.
And they don't give it to you, so what?
U mad?
(2011-11-02, 11:14 PM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]

(2011-11-02, 04:20 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]I can't count the amount of times people PM me and i spend hours helping, usually i just want a "Thank you" a "You rock" or something.
And they don't give it to you, so what?
U mad?

I actually I don't really care. I give support when it fits my schedule. I know I won't get anything in return. It's the same with what my education is, with what my field placements is. I do what good i can, i don't expect anything in return.

If you look at pretty much %90 percent of my rep, it's for me being a smart lime. Not sure what that says about your statistic.
(2011-11-02, 11:14 PM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]

My sig for awhile Big Grin. I love when you come and post here Yumi.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5