MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help with code?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this in but I was hoping to find a little bit of help with a problem I have. I currently use MyBB1.6.4 - just upgraded a few weeks ago.

I have a template I'd like to use on my web page and it's already set up to pull the 'recent posts' from various spots in a forum or blog.

Here's the template: TMS Site

You can see where it has the various titles 'post title', 'first post' so and so forth. When I look at the coding it just has coding such as this:

Quote: <!-- Featured post Bubble -->
<div class="bubble">
<div class="featured_post">
<h2 class="post_title"><a href="#">Post title</a></h2>
<p class="post_brief">Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua Ut enim ad minim veniam</p>
<div class="post_info">
<span class="author">Posted by <a href="#">Admin</a></span>,
<span class="date">Apr 14</span>
</div>
<div class="post_comments">
<div class="number"><a href="#">29</a></div>
<div class="comments"><a href="#">Comments</a></div>
</div>

Am I able to use MyBB with this? If so does any one know how I would do this?

Any help is appreciated, and again, sorry if this is the wrong forum. Blush
(2011-10-31, 08:24 PM)Mags Wrote: [ -> ].....
Am I able to use MyBB with this?...
Yes, 100% sure it can be done.

(2011-10-31, 08:24 PM)Mags Wrote: [ -> ].....
If so does any one know how I would do this? ...

Just not certain how to advise on the easiest way:
1) There might be one or more tutorials for this, did you look?

2) For basic to medium skill users: "Welcome to the MyBB Integrator / MyBB SDK / MyBB API", but I don't know if it needs to be updated for MyBB 1.6x.

3) Someone else will come along soon and give more/ or better advice. Toungue

Thank you so much. I am a novice, but am trying to learn as I go along. I'm just not sure how to get the forums to feed to these sections. I've checked out the jscript file with this template and didn't see anything that looked as if it would go with the integration.

Thank you for your time and help, at least I know it CAN be done now :-D
You are welcome.
Here try this, I'll also check if it still works, but not right away:
Forum Integration - Recent Posts on Main Site

I think I tested it before and it worked great. You can probably do an easy edit to choose certain forums, instead of all recent posts.
Hmmm. But how would I get it to fit into the specific areas designated by the template?
Looks like it will fit fairly well. You could reduce the width of the Archive section a bit, and make recent posts a little wider, if you want to.

(2011-11-01, 05:19 AM)Mags Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm. But how would I get it to fit into the specific areas designated by the template?

Choose your favorite 'A' or 'B' Smile

A) The filename needs to be .php, and just place the code 'in' the html wherever you want the output to appear. None of the php will affect your template, the server processes it and only the output remains.

B) Make an extra test copy, and start experimenting ASAP // Just "see what happens", it's a fun way to learn things (for some people)