MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PM Buttons: Which template?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Another burning question (after searching the site & google)

At the bottom of the page when you are reading a PM are the buttons:

Reply to this Private Message, Forward, Delete, and so forth

Where are these to be found?
These are the PM specific buttons' templates:

postbit_delete_pm
postbit_forward_pm
postbit_reply_pm
postbit_replyall_pm

The other buttons are within the rest of the Post Bit Templates set.
Okay, I get that these are the templates to edit the buttons themselves, but what template holds the part where these are included (and what is the variable that will insert them into the layout). I've edited my layout a LOT and somehow deleted the entire postbit area off of my PM layout so there's no way to reply to PM messages.

I still have all my default templates as a back-up but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Help?
*bump.

I wasn't sure if I needed to start a new thread for my question since it was related to the original question this thread was about. I still can't find what template holds the PM layout and what variable will put the reply,forward,delete links into the layout.
^ private_read template (in Private Messaging Templates) contains the layout.

postbit and postbit_classic templates consist of the the PM related buttons
{$post['button_pm']} | {$post['button_reply_pm']} | {$post['button_replyall_pm']} | {$post['button_forward_pm']} | {$post['button_delete_pm']}

as above reply (post #2) says, all those buttons have individual templates in Post Bit Templates
postbit_delete_pm | postbit_forward_pm | postbit_pm | postbit_reply_pm | postbit_replyall_pm
THANK YOU!

I didn't realize they were in the postbit information. I got it all sorted out.