MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MySQL access question: Does this make any sense?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does this make any sense? If so, please help me understand it.

1)
Script 'A' == An open source software currently installed and working fine.
Script 'B' == Another program which easily integrates w/ Script 'A'

2a) When installing Script 'B' it reads the config info from Script 'A' and pre-fills the info on 'page 3' of the installer.

2b) Submit form and the error message says "db access denied for user@localhost .. using password... whatever..."

3a) Change the DB info to root user and pass and the install works.
3b) All files are owned by Apache in both folders.

Quick Summary:
The original DB info was valid and working for Script 'A' (and originally 'passed through a web browser', when that install was made), but rejected when passed through a web-browser trying to install Script 'B'.

How is that possible?
I can only think of one thing; Checking now.... Toungue
My guess is that you've not imported the information correctly. You might have mixed up username and db name or another field.
Thanks labrocca, however I double checked the data, plus the "newer script" is grabbing it straight from the other ones config file. Really strange, will update if I figure it out.
is the pre-filled info on page 3 of the new script correctly set?
(2011-11-01, 04:35 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]is the pre-filled info on page 3 of the new script correctly set?

It's a long password with many 'special' characters', so the automated fill might have choked, but I copy/pasted the right data and mysql 'root' worked, but not the user (still working) in the the original sites config file.

^^^
I know this makes no sense, that's why I asked, thanks.
Then do you pass the variables correctly from the form to your script?

You're likely missing something very simple. Are you using post or get method for the form? GET method could be a problem with special characters.